Platforms and marketplaces
Platforms and marketplaces are powerful business models enabling the connection, matching and transactions between community participants.
Yet for all their strength these businesses require complex arbitrage and careful design of their ecosystem. At Launchworks, we have developed proprietary frameworks and models focused on the needs of platforms and are able to help address key growth challenges including:
- How to attract a critical mass of users quickly, on both sides of the market, in order to ignite the platform
- How to optimally match the platform participants to minimise friction and increase transactions
- How to price effectively so that the right platform participants contribute financially once the platform has reached minimum scale
- How to effectively connect ecosystem participants so that trust can be increased
- How to enable transactions and minimise leakages
- How to optimise and leverage data to generate positive feedback loop and near real-time platform governance adjustments
How we work
We have an immediate impact on your organisation. We quickly mobilise the best team for the project and identify key high impact problem areas. We aim to report back with our initial insights and findings within a week of starting the assignment. We are also able to iterate quickly and even work with product teams to prototype solutions and concepts in just a few days.
We know that very few strategic challenges are solved in silos. That's why we combine our economic, regulation, strategy, marketing and technology expertise to craft bespoke solutions for our clients. Operating at the nexus of these different fields allows us to identify and prioritise sustainable high impact strategies.
We are part of a vibrant and innovative ecosystem of investors, entrepreneurs, managers, academics, and policy makers who are shaping the digital revolution. We leverage these relationships for the benefit of our clients and ensure that relevant, actionable market intelligence and analysis is captured in our work.
We have witnessed first-hand the extent to which Internet-enabled firms have disrupted traditional markets. But the digital aspect of this transformation often overshadows what we believe is a deeper shift in value. Digital platforms like eBay, Google or Amazon are not simply recreating traditional business models online, they are creating new platform-powered ecosystems. Uber has no cars, Airbnb has no real estate, and yet by developing, leveraging and connecting communities, these firms are creating billions of economic value. That's why all our consultants have significant digital platform and e-commerce experience - to help you harness the power of platforms to create communities.